[TYPO3] Speed improvements

Bernhard Kraft kraftb at kraftb.at
Tue Jun 27 20:05:59 CEST 2006

Jamie Lawrence Jenner wrote:
> Hi there
>
> I have installed the extensions, and can see immeditae results!
>
> I have just logged in today, and i am getting the follwoing error,
>
> Warning: dir(C:/Program
> Files/typo3/htdocs/typo3wamp/typo3temp/kb_quickbe/0/) [function.dir]: failed
> to open dir: Invalid argument in C:\Program
> Files\typo3\htdocs\typo3wamp\typo3conf\ext\kb_quickbe\class.tx_kbquickbe_tce
> main.php on line 47

This is the BE cache extension ... we primarily talked about the FE cache extension
which is a more pressing issue than BE speed.

I first have to say that I do not a have any windows machines to test ... but I would
guess you should change the following line in class.tx_kbquickbe_tcemain.php:

line 47:
      $d = dir($dir.'/');

to:
      $d = @dir($dir.'/');

This will solve the problem. I didn't know that dir() does generate an error when used
with a non existing directory instead of just returning no object.
(which is checked exactly after this line)

greets,
Bernhard