[TYPO3] newbie: installation with DBAL

Karsten Dambekalns karsten at typo3.org
Tue Jun 27 18:19:39 CEST 2006

Hi Hugo.

Hugo Ahlenius wrote:
> So now I got a bit further... But still not all the way. When I try to
> login to the backend, I always get an "Error! Login-error or session
> timed-out" no matter what I do. I get a different screen when I try to
> login with an invalid username/pass, so that is not the case.

Hm. Probably a problem with fields being null and wrong checks against that
(i.e. not using IS NULL). I know of a production system running MSSQL, but
I am still waiting for some remaining patches to bring back into the DBAL
extension.

> |* PHP error log shows: DBAL error: Connection to
> |mssql:///?persistent=1 failed. Maybe PHP doesn't support the database?
> |$TYPO3_CONF_VARS['EXTCONF']['dbal']['handlerCfg'] = array (
> |        '_DEFAULT' => array (
> |            'type' => 'adodb',
> |            'config' => array(
> |'username' => 'typo3',
> |'password' => 'xxxxx',
> |'host' => 'localhost',
> |'database' => '',
> |                'driver' => 'mssql',
> |            )
> |        )

Aside from your problem with the mssql PHP extension not being active, the
connection data for the _DEFAULT handler should not be specified like this.
It is taken from the "usual" configuration variables...

Karsten