[TYPO3] (no subject) multiple sites in one installation

Chris Paige chris at ready-set-go.biz
Tue Jun 27 17:33:05 CEST 2006

> Did you find that having multiple instances caused a heavy server load,
> especially if not cacheing pages/refreshing the cache?

I was on shared hosting and never had any trouble.  But my traffic was all
very limited.

> In other words, 2 sites with 100 pages an hour, this would be like running
> single site with 200 pages per hour.

Yes, I think this is the bottomline.

If you're having trouble with refreshing the cache on a single install, that
would be something else to look into.  I don't know enough about how the
caching works to advise...  I don't think so much as a multi-domain
question.  But more as managing a large website in TYPO3 question.

Chris