[TYPO3] img depend on language

Vandemaele David david.vandemaele at telenet.be
Tue Jun 27 15:33:08 CEST 2006

JoH schreef:
>> The site I use Typo3 for has about 15 different languages.
>> Each language should display a different logo.
>>
>> I would do the following (i'm using TV):
>>
>> lib.logo_country = IMAGE
>> lib.logo_country{
>> file = fileadmin/template/images/logos/logo_{here comes the language
>> code}.jpg
>> }
>>
>> How can I substitute the "{here comes the language code}" so it
>> becomes (for example: fileadmin/template/images/logos/logo_15.jpg
>
> Assuming you are using the L parameter to switch between languages, this
> could be an option:
>
> lib.logo_country = IMAGE
> lib.logo_country{
>     file  {
>         import =  fileadmin/template/images/logos/
>         import.dataWrap =  |logo_{GPvar:L}.jpg
>     }
> }
>
> Joey

Thx,

however, I've noticed one problem. When people enter the site, they get
to see the international part, so no "L" is defined, which of course
lead to not showing the image.
Is there a way to find out if the L var is set, and if not, to display
another image?

I thought, I could do something with "override", but that doesn't help.

David