[TYPO3] Creating a custom workspace tutorial

Jamie Lawrence Jenner forums at webgremlins.net
Tue Jun 27 15:20:51 CEST 2006

Hi there

I have a few comments,

i followed your tutorial many times over but i always had problems.

firstly, when i added my users, then went to create the new workspace, my
new users werent shown in the users section. i got round this by adding the
owner and the usergroups to the review and members list

secondly, i set the db mount for my users, which already contained a few
pages already created by the top level admin. I then set the access level of
these pages as you show

But, when i added content to these pages with the editor, it would not let
me send it for review, and in fact, wouldnt even let me add content to the
page at all. It kept moving the content to the un used content elements, .
When i tried to send it to review, or publish it, it errorred saying i didnt
have permissions. . I couldnt use the reviewer or owner either to review and
publish this content

although i set the access level of the page, it seems that the original
owner, (the top level admin_) who created them in the first place, was the
only one able to add content, send to review and publish

I could create new pages and add new content to these pages with no trouble
at all, send for review and publish

This small over sight cost me hours ;-)

I tested your tuts on two installations and the same occurs

has anyone noticed this behaviour

jamie