[TYPO3] Workspaces

forums at webgremlins.net forums at webgremlins.net
Mon Jun 26 15:46:26 CEST 2006

Hi there

I have set up a user group 'contenteditors', added two users to it, an
'contentadmin' and a 'contentmanager',

The contentadmin working in draft mode only

The manager, can publish live and create workspaces. I have created a new
workspace using the contentmanager, and added the contentadmin as a user of
this workspace

Now, i login as the contentadmin, and select the new content workspace, and
i can add an element to a page, this is fine, then when i try and add
another element, it does not get added to the page where i placed it, it
gets added to the page as an un used element. I cannot re link the content,
and i cannot add any other elements to the page where i want them to go,
they always get added as un used elements

Then, i set these to review in the workspace view, then log out

I then login as the manager, and view the changes made via the workspace,
and the un used elements are there for review, i review these and then
publsh them, but because the content elements have been added as un used
elements, they arent displayed.

I then tried to re link the elements using the manager account, but i
couldnt. The re link symbol appears, but the content does not get placed int
the correct position.

I have tried this on three installations of Typo3, and the same happens on
all.

I would be more than willing to supply a url and username and password to
someone if you would be kind enough to havea quick look to see what i mean

Has anyone experienced this before, is it a bug?

I have also set the access permissions for the manager and admin to include
all (add,edit,delete) on the pages they edit

cheers

Jamie