[TYPO3] Update issues: extension repository / styled content / css editor

Torsten Crass torsten.crass at bioinf.med.uni-goettingen.de
Thu Jun 22 16:15:42 CEST 2006

Hi there,

for over a year I've been running several (small) websites using a typo3
installation version 3.7, and I liked it quite a lot. A couple of weeks
ago I upgraded to 4.0, and I took the opportunity to also move over from
the old cSet stuff to css-styled-content. In this context, I also tried
to get access to the frequently mentioned CSS editor. However, I
couldn't find anything about how to install it -- or is it an integral
part of the css styled content extension? If so, why doesn't it show up
in my "templates" drop-down menu?

Moreover, I was wondering if my TER settings are still up to date, since
1) the list of extensions available to me for installation ("Install
extensions") is rather short, 2) the extension manager seems to be
unable to find any extensions even when explictly specifying their names
("Import extensions"), and 3) the manual linked to by e.g. the css
styled content extension (version 0.3.8, btw) is rather old (2004) and
unfinished. The mirror list url is currently set to
"http://repositories.typo3.org/mirrors.xml.gz", and I selected the main
repository at "typo3.org/fileadmin/ter/". Did I miss something?

Sorry for asking so many dumb questions, but after over a week of
unseccessful web research on these issues I really don't have any clue
what to do... :-/

Thanx in advance for any helpful comments --

	tcrass