[TYPO3] Rich Text Editor for tt-news

Hahn-Athenstaedt, Robert robert.hahn-athenstaedt at sap.com
Thu Jun 22 12:09:33 CEST 2006

Hi Kevin,

> Can someone point me in the right direction for a Rich Text Editor for
> tt-news backend that resembles the one found in the standard content
> elements?

I never tried it out myself, but have two (OLDER !) notes in my
Typo3-collection for that.
Maybe you want to try them:

1. note:
========
Rich Text Editor im News-Modul mit Extention Manager
(ab Version Typo3 5.2b)

Question:
Can I enable RTE basic function in the news module?

Answer:
-use extensionManager
-select extension 'news'
-select edit files
-select tca.php
-edit tca.php search for "types" => Array (.....
-there replace on 0, 1 or 2
the string    ,bodytext,    with
the string
,bodytext;;9;richtext[*]:rte_transform[flag=rte_enabled|mode=ts];3-3-3,

-save file
-select backup/delete and update em.conf for extension itself
-select 'Click here to clear cache files in typo3conf/ '
-reload
-enjoy

2. note:
========
Rich Text Editor im News-Modul
------------------------------
Question:
Can I enable RTE basic function in the news module?
Above all the functions in order to insert link in the body text and
images.

Answer:
You have to change the tables.php in the folder typo3conf in line 2623
(i
hope) from

"0" => Array("showitem" =>
"hidden,title,datetime,starttime;;1,archivedate,category,author,author_e
mail
,keywords,type,--div--,short,bodytext,image,imagecaption,--div--,links,r
elat
ed"),

"0" => Array("showitem" =>
"hidden,title,datetime,starttime;;1,archivedate,category,author,author_e
mail
,keywords,type,--div--,short,bodytext;;;nowrap:richtext[*]:rte_transform
[mod
e=ts_images],image,imagecaption,--div--,links,related"),

---

Hope I could help,
-rob-