[TYPO3] How to search a specific section of a site?

Tapio Markula tapio.markula at dnainternet.net
Wed Jun 21 19:40:10 CEST 2006

Jody Cleveland wrote:
> Hello,
>

>>I never used the index search but i guess you could do it
>>with the extra
>>property of the page called "index" - disable that for the pages you
>>don´t want to be indexed.
>

> Oh, I do want all the pages indexed. I have a main search box that's
> part of the template for every page. But, I also have a section of pages
> that I'd like a seperate search box/page for.
>
> - jody
plugin.tx_indexedsearch.search.rootPidList=xx

xx=starting point of searching.
On the base of information in this list 'startpoint' field
doesn't work (at least it doesn't work indexed search for typo3 3.8.x)

Note. I have found that if pages have already indexed, they remain
indexed even if you change settings and disable indexing from certain
pages. Make sure to define preventing properly beforehand.

Youd can set afterward 'rootPidList'.