[TYPO3] Mount Point

Tapio Markula tapio.markula at dnainternet.net
Wed Jun 21 12:08:40 CEST 2006

Jamie Lawrence Jenner wrote:
> Hi there
>
> i am just adding a new page, and noticed that there is a type Mount Point
>
> What does this do, i have tried looking in the docs but cant find any info
> on it
>
> cheers
>
> Jamie

You can add as *subpages* pages from the same tree starting from the
*root* page, where you are - AFAIK you can't add from another domain and
maybe from another tree.

It is a kind of shortcut - not to an individual page but subpages of a
certain page.

Usage.

You need the same page content in several branches and the page has
subpages.

You make a page, which takes the contents from certain page using 'Page
properties'. Setting that page as mount page you can include subpages of
that page.

If you include only the content you don't get subpages.
If you use shortcut you go another branch.

Ordinary solutions simple don't work!

Mount pages are needed when shortcut doesn't do the desired task.
I have needed it once. Use *only* when it is absolutely necessary!