[TYPO3] Dreamweaver and Typo3

Jamie Lawrence Jenner forums at webgremlins.net
Mon Jun 19 18:06:34 CEST 2006

whihc book have you bought

if its the typo3 enterprise content management book, although it is helpful,
i found it really didnt go into too much detail in some areas (in fact,
there is definately scope for a book which teaches people the potential of
typo3 , how to run multiple sites, what the best setup is, documenting the
most commonly used extensions, ) I found alot of points which should have
been in the book, by working them out myself by pure luck!)

i reccommend the wiki, and these lists are excellent,

use templa voila (one of few extensions with half decent documentation) to
create your sites.

create the template in dream weaver, then you import the template into typo3
using templa voila and map your areas. it has a very very handy wizard to do
this, but it will take a little working out, but it is greatly superior to
the previous templating system

Typo3 (and any good cms) splits the design from the content, so it doesnt
matter what you edit your template in,

good luck, you will need it, documentation is scarce, and somewaht lacking,
but it is definately worth it, Typo3 is excellent

Jamie