[TYPO3] Question about import/export

He Shiming (NOSPAM) mailbill at 21cn.com.nospam
Sat Jun 17 10:57:21 CEST 2006

Hi,

I'm about to transfer the content from my working copy of typo3 to the
production server. I was planning on using the import/export function, and I
have a quick question.

The production server is already running a site. There has been a major
update. Some pages have been deleted, lots of pages, and news entries are
created. I'm wondering if typo3 import is going to take care of page
deletion, and plugin content deletion/insertion too? By checking the "force
page id" option, is there a guarantee that this will create an exact copy of
the site? (of course I'm exporting and importing from the root node.)

Best regards,
--
He Shiming