[TYPO3] is 404 handling like microsoft.com possible with typo3?

ben van 't ende [netcreators] ben at netcreators.nl
Wed Jun 14 16:33:27 CEST 2006

Dmitry Dulepov wrote:
> Hi!
>
> ben van 't ende [netcreators] wrote:
>> I already wondered about this. I think no-one noticed the patch. This
>> needs to
>> get in the core ofcourse. The redirect is very ugly as it is now and
>> it is
>> ABSOLUTELY essential that this gets fixed and a proper 404 is generated.
>
> See here:
> http://lists.netfielders.de/pipermail/typo3-team-core/2006-April/004110.html
>

> Or you can find the whole thread here:
> http://lists.netfielders.de/pipermail/typo3-team-core/2006-April/thread.html#4110
>

> Final version of the patch is here if I am not mistaken (it was so long
> ago):
> http://lists.netfielders.de/pipermail/typo3-team-core/2006-April/004131.html
>

> I need one more +1 from core team members to get it into core.

Hi Dmitry,

I am not sure what happens now with the 404 output. Can you give some example
for that. When I am reading the CORE list it seems to me there is one 'standard'
404 page. Maybe I miss the point, but what would be desirable is that you can
create your own 404 like:

http://www.tackhead.com/404/

where you can add your own text and links to other resources that would enable a
visitor to find what he/she was looking for anyway.

Did I get the point of the present solution?

gRTz

ben
--
netcreators :: creation and innovation