[TYPO3] On-line filesharing extension (was: Windows Explorer look-alike for filelinks?)

Loek Hilgersom hilgersom at xs4all.nl
Wed Jun 14 15:10:22 CEST 2006

Hi Jonathan,

Here is a late answer to your question, and a proposal.

A few months ago I made a program exactly like that, based on a deserted
open-source program Quixplorer. I basically took the dust off, polished up the
interface, modernized the html-output, fixed some security holes and added some
features like logging and a bit more detailed user rights, ending up in a nice
and easy on-line file sharing application, exactly what you seem to be after
(nothing as elaborate as DAM, but much more than e.g. filelinks).

I would like to create Typo3 extension out of this, but I haven't done that
before and it would take me some time to get to grips with that.
Maybe we could speed it up if someone with experience in building extensions
likes to work on this together.

Cheers,
Loek

PS. There is also a Typo3 extension Quixplorer, but this is a BE extension
intended for exploring and editing files, basically for administrative and
programming purposes, as opposed to on-line filesharing between site users.

PS2. A modernization of the program code is also on the todo-list (there's no
separation between html and program code, and OOP didn't seem to exist yet).
Just in case it rains all summer ;-)