[TYPO3] Random Text + Image ... SOLUTION

Christopher bedlamhotel at gmail.com
Tue Jun 13 21:32:35 CEST 2006

Hello all,

On 6/13/06, Scotty C <superscotty19 at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>
> Just to make it 100% clear, here is the full solution
> for having any type of content circulate randomly on
> every page of your site:
>
> 1.) In your HTML template, create a subpart (I use
> ###FEATURE### )
>
> 2.) Create a page in Typo3 that will store the random
> content and remember the page ID (Mine is 1092). Note:
> each content element will be counted as 1 item to be
> circulated.
>
> 3.) In your TS Template, enter the following code
> (note the PID):
> subparts.FEATURE = CONTENT
> subparts.FEATURE {
>    table = tt_content
>    select {
>       pidInList = 1092
>       max = 1
>       orderBy = rand()
>    }
> }
>

> That's it! I hope this complete mini-tutorial can be
> as useful to others as much as Tapio and Joey were for
> me.

...and just so your _solution_ is not too confusing in future, I think
you've got the TS wrong; it should be:

subparts.FEATURE = COA_INT
subparts.FEATURE {
   10 = CONTENT
   10 {
       table = tt_content
       select {
           pidInList = 1092
           max = 1
           orderBy = rand()
       }
   }
}

...which is a non-cached object. If you just use a CONTENT object, you
will experience the problem you reported earlier (namely that it seems
to show the same random bit of content each time.)

-Christopher