[TYPO3] Random Text + Image ... SOLUTION

Scotty C superscotty19 at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 13 21:28:43 CEST 2006

Hello everyone,

Just to make it 100% clear, here is the full solution
for having any type of content circulate randomly on
every page of your site:

1.) In your HTML template, create a subpart (I use
###FEATURE### )

2.) Create a page in Typo3 that will store the random
content and remember the page ID (Mine is 1092). Note:
each content element will be counted as 1 item to be
circulated.

3.) In your TS Template, enter the following code
(note the PID):
subparts.FEATURE = CONTENT
subparts.FEATURE {
   table = tt_content
   select {
      pidInList = 1092
      max = 1
      orderBy = rand()
   }
}

That's it! I hope this complete mini-tutorial can be
as useful to others as much as Tapio and Joey were for
me.

-Scott.