[TYPO3] crawler_cli.phpsh not working?

J.J.W. Witteman jwittema at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 13 11:33:21 CEST 2006

Still no answer...
Doesn't anybody know the answer or does nobody understand
the problem?

When running the the crawler_cli.phpsh no error messages are
shown and nothing happens (crawler queue doesn't get processed).

When adding some debug echo statements to the script I see
that it doesn't seem to get past the 'init.php' line:

--- crawler_cli.phpsh ---
[...]
echo "Debug 1\n";
// Include init file:
require(dirname(PATH_thisScript).'/'.$BACK_PATH.'init.php');
echo "Debug 2\n";
[...]

This will result in "Debug 1" getting printed in the console
but "Debug 2" doesn't. What could be wrong?

Thanks

> I can't get the crawler to run from the command line.
> Everything else seems to work fine. Entries are added to the
> crawlers queue and when I press the "Run now" button in the
> backend they get processed. However when I run the crawler
> from the command line nothing happens. The "Last seen" time
> does not get updated.
>
> I'm calling the script with the full path as shown in the
> backend:
> '/data/www/intraweb/typo3conf/ext/crawler/cli/crawler_cli.phpsh'.
> No error messages are shown. I did create a backend user
> named '_cli_crawler'. Does that user need any special
> options set? What about the password for that user?
>
> I tried setting the PATH_thisScript variable manually to the
> correct value, but that didn't help either.

define('PATH_thisScript','/data/www/intraweb/typo3conf/ext/crawler/cli/crawler_cli.phpsh');

jwittema at yahoo.com