[TYPO3] ldap_auth and openldap

Wolfgang Hennerbichler wogri at wogri.com
Mon Jun 12 21:01:05 CEST 2006

Dear typo-users,

I am having a problem I can't find a solution for. I am trying to
ldap_auth against an openldap (v3) server. I can connect to the
server, simulate an ldap_sync, whereas all the information is shown
correctly except for the group-information. I would like to assign a
static (typo3)-group to my ldap-users, or, if stuff doesn't work
otherwhise use the ldap-groups. I think I can not authenticate
without a group being assigned to the user, because authentication
always fails (although the user is synced into typo3 successfully,
without a group assigned). I can't find any typo3 or ldap_auth debug
output (though I'm pretty new to typo3), is there a way to get some
info about what's going on behind the scenes?

Typo3 version 4, openldap. Configuration below. Your help would be
mostly appreciated, I am willing to write a howto for openldap finally.
Thanks;
wogri

FEusers = LDAP_SYNC
FEusers {
    enable = 1
    table = fe_users
    pid = 179
    basedn = ou=People,o=wogriAtUsers,dc=wogri,dc=at
    filter = (&(objectClass=wogriAccount))
    uniqueField = tx_ldapserver_dn
    fields {
       username = MAP_OBJECT
       username.attribute = uid
       username.userFunc = tx_ldapserver->getSingleValue
       title = MAP_OBJECT
       title.attribute = description
       title.userFunc = tx_ldapserver->getSingleValue
       name = MAP_OBJECT
       name.attribute = cn
       name.userFunc = tx_ldapserver->getSingleValue

       tx_ldapserver_dn = MAP_OBJECT
       tx_ldapserver_dn.special = DN
       # I'D LIKE THE USERGROUP TO POINT TO A STATIC TYPO3-USERGROUP
BUT DON'T KNOW HOW, that's why I try to map it (without success) from
ldap.
       usergroup = MAP_OBJECT
       usergroup.attribute = gidNumber
       usergroup.userFunc = tx_ldapserver->getFEGroups
       usergroup.userFunc.pid = 179
       usergroup.userFunc.table = fe_groups
    }
}