[TYPO3] MySQL5

Erik Svendsen erik at linnearad.no
Mon Jun 12 20:47:26 CEST 2006

Hello Livius_Agrippa,

> Hi,
>
> I tried to upgrade MySQL to the 5th version but I encounter some
> problems. I search with google and I read about this. I think this is
> a problem generated by MySQL because doesn't use same password
> function anymore.

What kind of problem? Not able to login to backend or something else? You
should also tell us your exact configuration. TYPO3 v4 or 3.8.1

If you read the following post in bugtracker http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=2059,
you may find the answer.

When you do an upgrade from 4.1.x to 5.0.x you may got settings that are
more and less incompatible with TYPO3. They are explained in the bugtracker.
The change from old to new password function hasn't made any problem on my
hand. Have tested about 6 installations with MySQL 5.0.12->, and have two
running today. One as a production server, and the other as a testing server.
Not at problem. But both are clean installs. When upgrading, I have ecounter
problems, all of the type in the bugtracker.

> Do you have any idea how can I solve the problem? or Typo3 just
> doesn't work with MySQL5 for the moment.

The Core of TYPO3 should run flawless with MySQL 5.0.x (version from 5.0.15->
are best). Some extensions could give problems.

If you are using T3 v4, there are a choice in install tool for setting MySql
in MySQL4 mode.

WBR,
Erik Svendsen
www.linnearad.no