[TYPO3] crawler_cli.phpsh not working?

J.J.W. Witteman jwittema at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 12 11:07:06 CEST 2006

I can't get the crawler to run from the command line. Everything seems
to work fine. Entries are added to the crawlers queue and when I press
the "Run now" button in the backend they get processed. However when I
run the crawler from the command line nothing happens. The "Last seen"
time does not get updated.

I'm calling the script with the full path as shown in the backend:
'/data/www/intraweb/typo3conf/ext/crawler/cli/crawler_cli.phpsh'. No
error messages are shown. I did create a backend user named
'_cli_crawler'. Does that user need any special options set? What about
the password for that user?

I tried setting the PATH_thisScript variable manually to the correct
value, but that didn't help either.

define('PATH_thisScript','/data/www/intraweb/typo3conf/ext/crawler/cli/crawler_cli.phpsh');

Any advice?

Thanks.

jwittema at yahoo.com