[TYPO3] Translate static template parts

Christian Lerrahn typo3 at penpal4u.net
Mon Jun 12 06:19:32 CEST 2006

Hi Thijs,
> I have a multiple-language site with some content elements that are
> placed in my template with the MARKS (###NAME_OF_REPLACED_CONTENT###)
> command in my template setup. However; because of the fact that those
> are static content element; They aren't translated to their other
> counterparts.
>
> Has anyone has another solution to incoperate static content elements
> which are translatable?

I have that problem as well. There are a few tricks you can use to work
around this. One trick is to use "pseudo pages" for some things. This is
what I use for strange menus and sometimes for labels as well. However,
in some cases you might not get around setting up your template
differently in several language blocks like this

[globalVar = GP:L = 1]
page.10.subparts.logoWithLabel.file =
fileadmin/templates/images/logo_chinese.gif
[END]

[globalVar = GP:L = 2]
page.10.subparts.logoWithLabel.file =
fileadmin/templates/images/logo_japanese.gif
[END]

I hate this method and try to avoid it wherever possible but in some
cases you just can't work around this it seems. :-(

Cheers,
Christian