[TYPO3] TYPO3 and "SET NAMES 'utf8'" MySQL hack

Cyprian Kowalczyk cyprian at pi2.pl
Sat Jun 10 11:05:37 CEST 2006

On Fri, 09 Jun 2006 20:18:55 +0200, Cyprian Kowalczyk <cyprian at pi2.pl>
wrote:

> OK.... now I get the same error on another (remote) server....
> It's getting to be weird.
> Could it be an extension? Server missconfiguration?...

I'm sorry for being so unspecyfic - I was hurrying for the FIFA World Cup
and we lost, what a shame :(

So, about the character encodings. When I removed whatever I've had in the
'setDBinit' everything seems to work (the characters are correctly written
in the DB(, yet I can't import/export DB via phpMyAdmin...
I'm kind of lost here so I'll leve it for later.

--

regards, Cyprian
pi2.pl ~ π^2 design project