[TYPO3] An exampe of usage of if-statement

Tapio Markula tapio.markula at dnainternet.net
Fri Jun 9 23:38:11 CEST 2006

Peter Klein wrote:
> Hi Tapio. My reply was correct, as in your example you placed the "if" on
> the TMENU/GMENU object, not the TMENUITEM/GMENUITEM (That's the "NO" part of
> the menu object)

what I was a little bit annoyed was that you didn't told to put if for
items (NO), when I could have solved this problem faster.

> The MENUITEM got several ways you can use the "if" property as you
> described. ;)

you didn't tell that. I admit that I have not read the TS Ref in correct
order. Anyway it didn't solve one issue and I was forced to make one hack.

endeed
$extraWhere = ' AND pages.nav_hide=0';
Is *not* conditional for
special = lastupdated

in class.tslib_menu.php

*should* be conditional, for example

if ($this->conf['special.']['excludeNavHide']) {
     $extraWhere = ' AND pages.nav_hide=0';
     }

In the list of recently updated pages

if($this->conf['includeNotInMenu'])

is *not* the same - that concerns page types,
not the field 'nav_hide'

IMO this behavior is inconsitent.
IMO the option includeNotInMenu should concern also
pages.nav_hide=0', when

if($this->conf['includeNotInMenu'])
     {
     $extraWhere = ' AND pages.nav_hide=0';
     }

IMO this is a worth of bug report because
the logic is inconsistent. if there
is includeNotInMenu, there should be correspondin
option for nav_hide