[TYPO3] Erase Pencils in Printversion

Thomas Menzel menzel at ds5120.fb12.tu-berlin.de
Fri Jun 9 16:28:54 CEST 2006

Thanks everyone for looking into this matter.

@Florian:

>As the image itself has an class (frontEndEditIcons) it should be easy
>to remove it by adding
>
>.frontEndEditIcons {
>   display:none;
>}

is the perfect solution to eliminate the pencils. It works for IE6,
Netscape 7.2, Mozilla and Opera (not with Netscape 8.1 pencils remain)

@Christopher:

> However, there is a workaround if you really *need* this capability;
> internet explorer has a way of evaluating javascript expressions in
> css stylesheets:
>
> /*
> This works in Internet Explorer:
> */
> a { display:expression(this.href=="#" ? 'none' : 'inline'); }

"a { display:expression(this.href=="#" ? 'none' : 'inline'); }" had no
effect in IE6, Netscape 7.2,8.1, Mozilla and Opera.

@Martin:

>Did you try this:
>[globalVar = TSFE:type=1]		#type=1: printversion
>printversion.config.admPanel = 0
>[global]

Yes, I tried that before. Unfortunately it did not work.

I think Florian's solution ".frontEndEditIcons {display:none;}" will
suffice even if it does not hide the pencils in Netscape 8.1.

Thank you all for your help!

Technische Universität Berlin
Thomas Menzel
Institute of Land and Sea Transport Systems
- Automotive Engineering -
TIB 13
Gustav-Meyer-Allee 25
13355 Berlin