[TYPO3] WURFL Extension: how to best distiguish between wireless and other devices?

Martin Kindler kindlerm at arcor.de
Fri Jun 9 13:38:33 CEST 2006

Hi all,

I am trying to use the WURFL extension to adapt my output to mobile devices.
As my app also serves "normal" browsers I have to distinguish between the
two classes.
I know there is the "wap" condition available in T3 and changed by the WURFL
extension to make use of WURFL.
But, at least the current versions of WURFL support also a (pseudo-) device
capability called "is_wireless_device" which seems to serve the same purpose
but in a portable way (I have a mixed environment of T3 and a Java webapp,
where I also use WURFL).

What is the better way to distinguish the mobile devices from the others?

Martin