[TYPO3] advice on running multiple domains in one base

Jochen Rieger j.rieger at connecta.ag
Fri Jun 9 11:45:43 CEST 2006

Hi Aleksandar,

> portal.somecorp.com
>
> Domains for the departments will be like this:
>
> portal-ict.somecorp.co
> portal-hr.somecorp.com etc...
>
> On the main portal we will have all the departments listed in main menu
> and those items will be shortcuts to those departments domains:
> portal-ict.somecorp.com ...

no problem. You'll just have different branches for each domain. The
domain records of TYPO3 then are to be created in the root page of each
branch.

On you main page then you let TS generate a menu of the first page tree
level which includes all those root pages of each department.

> We will have editors, revievers and publishers for every department.

Just use TYPO3 backend user administration to set up filemounts and DB
mounts (so that a department's editor is restricted to the departments
branch).

> Also, there is a question of f.e. news. We want to have news on the main
> page of the portal and news for every department. News editors from each
> department would be able to publish their own news and news for the main
> page of portal.

Easy task. Just use tt_news and set up categories / subcategories for
your departments.

To set up your user rights properly you should have a look at:

- include access lists (user administration)
- page TS config
- user TS config
- access module

And use google or the online extension repository search to find
extensions / manuals for all kinds purposes and wishes. :)

Regards,
Jochen