[TYPO3] google index only the first page my site

Matthew Manderson matthew at manderson.co.uk
Fri Jun 9 10:46:37 CEST 2006

> Normal for Google. The more popular your site - the more pages goggle
> will index. It was written somewhere, either in google help or by Matt
> Cuts.

You can 'force' Google to index a particular page by getting another higher
ranking page to text link to it. This is useful if you have a 'non
Google-friendly' page you need indexed!

There are some ideas suggesting that RealURL is actually not very helpful
for Google indexing. Google prefers pages near the top of the root.
Typically for new sites less than say 2 years old it will only index 1
level down.

As the site gets more popular Google will go deeper.

RealURL creates fake deep levels of hierarchy so giving your newly created
site a harder time to start with.

Remember guys what was the reason that long ago RealURL was considered good?
Because it was human readable so contained interesting keywords. Buy hey,
not at the expense of deep hierarchy!

So, I am starting to go back to using simulate static and the alias field to
keep even deeply nested pages back at the top eg. domain.com/deep-page.html

However, don't all rush back to simulate static! This is not the elixir of
SEO - too many other factors need to be considered in the total mix.

You can get Google to index all your pages quite early on but you need to
rework your internal linking strategy to achieve this which may have a
detrimental effect on your 'preferred' navigation.

Back on topic - TYPO3 remains cool enough to produce any combination of SEO
you care to dream up - so problems of this nature are user not TYPO3.

HTH Enjoy!
;-)