[TYPO3] Erase Pencils in Printversion

Christopher bedlamhotel at gmail.com
Thu Jun 8 18:13:55 CEST 2006

Hello,

On 6/8/06, Tapio Markula <tapio.markula at dnainternet.net> wrote:
> Thomas Menzel wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > @Christopher,
> >
> > all edit icons have "<a href="#"..." in common but there is no class.
>
> if you install tm_contentaccess you get classes for them

Smart.

> > am not skilled in css (using it just for formatting and fonts), do you
> > know whether it is possible to hide all links with "<a href="#"..."?

Well, you can always use "a { display:none; }" but I guess you mean
that you want to target _only_ links where the value of the href
attribute is '#', right?

Tapio says no:

> no (endeed there is some schemes for CSS3 to do that).

But he's wrong :-)

The css 2.1 spec handles such things perfectly well [1]:

/*
This should work in the Mozilla family of browsers and Opera and
probably in Safari/Konqueror too:
*/
a[href=#] { display:none; }

However, as is very common when you're trying to take full advantage
of the css spec's capabilities, there is a problem with Internet
Explorer...it doesn't understand attribute selectors.

However, there is a workaround if you really *need* this capability;
internet explorer has a way of evaluating javascript expressions in
css stylesheets:

/*
This works in Internet Explorer:
*/
a { display:expression(this.href=="#" ? 'none' : 'inline'); }

-Christopher

[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/CSS21/selector.html#attribute-selectors