[TYPO3] Using getText format in x, y objects, how? (TypoScript question)

Christopher bedlamhotel at gmail.com
Thu Jun 8 16:11:11 CEST 2006

Hello,

On 6/8/06, Terkild <typo3 at concare.org> wrote:
> Hello folks,
>
> I have now spend several hours trying to find a solution for a problem
> concerning the getText (data) format.
>
> What i am trying to do is getting an image and a couple of informations
> from a TemplaVoila FCE, and then draw the image with a box on the lower
> section of the image, the box gets its size from the submitted
> informations from the FCE.

<snip>

>          // how to get these getText values into the object
>          XY = {field:field_box_w},{field:field_box_h}
>          10 = BOX
>          10 {
>            // and here.
>            dimensions = 0,0,{field:field_box_w},{field:field_box_h}

<snip>

> I have tried with dataWrap and making a LOAD_REGISTER, but without luck,
>
> Anyone has any suggestions what might work?

What you're trying to do isn't possible the way you're trying to do
it. It would work with an object whose datatype was 'getText', but the
datatype of GIFBUILDER's XY property is 'x,y +calc' [1].

-Christopher

[1] http://typo3.org/documentation/document-library/references/doc_core_tsref/current/view/9/2/