[TYPO3] the right object path to FCE's

Bart Goormans bart at web5r.be
Wed Jun 7 18:19:04 CEST 2006

Hi listers,

I'm using templavoila's Flexible Content Elements on my pages.
In one of these FCE's, there are 3 fields of type "Content Elements"
I called them:
- "field_menu_subpages"
- "field_leftcol"
- "field_rightcol"

In the first field ( "field_menu_subpages" ), I assigned a stored
content element (from elsewhere in the page tree) of type:
"Menu/Sitemap" with menutype: "Subpages to this page"
I call this element my "base_Menu"

Now, I'd like to
1. customize and wrap the rendering of this "base_Menu"
2. assign different styles each time a page(element) refers to this
"base_Menu"
3. drop the default styling classes to this rendered menu-list

So, what I'm most curious about is how to define the right path to the
content objects in typoscript to get things started.

Beeing a fairly newbie in Typo3, I'm willing to spent some more hours
learning. If only I wouldn't run in circles all the time.

Thanks guys!
- Bart