[TYPO3] clearing site index

Christian Lerrahn typo3 at penpal4u.net
Wed Jun 7 06:37:38 CEST 2006

Hi,
I have a site that has - over time - accumulated about 300 megs of index
data. I'd now like to clear this index but if I try doing this in the
backend, I'll just get the server busy for minutes, even if I don't go
to the tree root. As I want to clear all cache anyway, I thought, I
could just do this in th database. However, before I do this, I have one
question, that I want to be sure about first.

Is it safe to flush all tables with names starting with index_?

Cheers,
Christian