[TYPO3] Complete page tree browsing for BE users

Alex Heizer alex at tekdevelopment.com
Wed Jun 7 02:02:31 CEST 2006

Hi,

You can do this with the Access module and when you set permissions
there are 3 rows, Owner, Group and Everybody. Set your permissions for
each group so that the correct groups can edit only their pages. But for
all pages, set the "Show page" checkbox for Everybody. Make sure to set
the DB mount in the group setup for all groups to show the entire page
tree, not just one section. When a user logs in they will see the entire
page tree, but will only be able to edit the pages that are given
permissions to their specific pages from the Access module, but since
each user is part of "Everybody" they will be able to see all the pages
and choose them when linking to them.

Alex