[TYPO3] Why is tt news backend in German

Dmitry Dulepov typo3 at accio.lv
Tue Jun 6 16:49:32 CEST 2006

Hi!

Another Vision wrote:
> The front end of the site is showing up fine, in English as I'd expect. But
> the back-end interface of tt-news is displaying in German, as it the plug-in
> text in the 'New Content Element' page.

Probably because tt_news mainly developed by German developers. It is
quite often that people break rules (default=English) for convenience.

> I've tried adding:
>
> config.language = en
> config.locale_all = en_EN
>
> to the TS Setup in my main template, but it's not working. Is it because I'm
> testing using the Typo3 WAMP 4.0 environment?

These are FE settings. Why do you expect them to work in BE? Btw, I
tried tt-Products some time ago (but did not like it and removed) and BE
was in English I think.

Dmitry.