[TYPO3] Typoscipt editing, suggestions?

Ron Hall rhall at irvingbible.org
Tue Jun 6 04:38:22 CEST 2006

I too have tried jEdit after seeing your post and like it. I have found out
that, although the typoscript plug in with the current version of jEdit only
works by connecting with the typo3 backend, you can modify it to open files
containing typoscript locally on your hard drive.

Basically I have received a updated "modes" directory for jEdit. You replace
the old "modes" directory in jEdit with the new one. Jedit will then
recognize files with the".ts" extension as typoscript and will highlight the
syntax accordingly.

This means that one way to handle your problem sites would be to open jEdit,
paste your typoscript into it and change the edit mode of the buffer to
"typoscript". This will allow you to edit in jEdit like you are used to.
When finished you can cut and paste the typoscript back into your template.

You can e-mail me directly if you want the updated "modes" directory.

Thanks,
Ron