[TYPO3] Indexed search, slow - LIMIT result set

Martin Koch Andersen martin at 925.dk
Tue Jun 6 04:08:19 CEST 2006

Hi,

Indexed search is incredible slooow - close to useless here (around 1000
news). I don't know why this is. I have noticed though, that the indexed
search, when you perform a search, returns ALL the results that matches
the search.

Is there a way to LIMIT (to say maximum 100 results) the number of
results returned by indexed search. I guess this will heavily increase
performance.

Thanks in advance,

--
Martin - http://925.dk
"Shoot for the moon, even if you miss, you'll land among the stars."