[TYPO3] passing Typoscript generated images to PHP for display in an html template ...

Jason Brock jasonrbrock at gmail.com
Sun Jun 4 17:24:22 CEST 2006

Greetz,

I've created a small extension that stores a couple of values in the
content table.

Currently, I'm using an html template to display the content:

... the following PHP is used to substitute the values:

$subpartArray["###CHANNELNAME###"] =
$this->cObj->data['tx_enginchannelheader_name'];
$subpartArray["###CHANNELTARGET###"] =
$this->cObj->getTypoLink($targetLabel, $targetURL);
$content = $this->cObj->substituteMarkerArrayCached($template,
$subpartArray, array(), array());
return $this->pi_wrapInBaseClass($content);

This works well. However, I'd like render the marker values as graphics.
What's the best way to do this?

I've tried creating an image using TS passing the result
channelNameImage < channelNameImage:

plugin.tx_enginchannelheader_pi1 {
   channelNameImage = IMAGE
   channelNameImage.file = GIFBUILDER
   channelNameImage.file {
       XY = [10.w]+20,12
       backcolor = #01aade
       transparentBackground = 1
       10 = TEXT
       10.fontColor = #000000
       10.text.field = tx_enginchannelheader_name
       10.antiAlias= 1
       10.fontSize= 11
       10.fontFile = fileadmin/templates/main/fonts/TGB_____.TTF
       10.offset = 10,10
       10.niceText = 0
   }

    channelNameImage < channelNameImage

    templateFile = EXT:engin_channel_header/engin_channel_template.html
    parser < tt_content.text.20.parseFunc

}

Then modifying my PHP to:

$subpartArray["###CHANNELNAME###"] =
$this->cObj->IMAGE($this->conf['channelNameImage']);

But I can't get the image to display.
Where am I going wrong?

Thx in advance,
Jason.