[TYPO3] jm_gallery tabell error

Gunnar Jonsson gu-jonss at online.no
Sun Jun 4 12:56:03 CEST 2006

I tried to install the Website Photo Gallery (jm_gallery) on a unix server
using the downloaded compressed extension file jm_gallery_0.5.0.t3x for my
TYPO3 4.0 website.

Everything was apparently looking fine, until I wanted to make albums and
categories and clicked "Insert new record". There was no "WPG Category, WPG
Album, WPG Image ogr Photo Gallery Album Properties" to choose in the list
of new records.

I went back to the "Ext Manager" and had a closer look at jm_gallery
extension and there was an error message "Table error! Probably one or more
required fields/tables are missing in the database!"

However there was also a text "update needed" with the following text:
ALTER TABLE tx_jmgallery_categories CHANGE name name varchar(100) NOT NULL;
 Current value: varchar(100) default ''
 ALTER TABLE tx_jmgallery_categories CHANGE description description
varchar(255) NOT NULL;
 Current value: varchar(255) default ''
 ALTER TABLE tx_jmgallery_albums CHANGE name name varchar(100) NOT NULL;
 Current value: varchar(100) default ''
 ALTER TABLE tx_jmgallery_albums CHANGE description description varchar(255)
NOT NULL;
 Current value: varchar(255) default ''
 ALTER TABLE tx_jmgallery_albums CHANGE default_dir default_dir varchar(255)
NOT NULL;
 Current value: varchar(255) default ''
 ALTER TABLE tx_jmgallery_images CHANGE caption caption varchar(100) NOT
NULL;
 Current value: varchar(100) default ''
 ALTER TABLE tx_jmgallery_images CHANGE filename filename varchar(100) NOT
NULL;
 Current value: varchar(100) default ''
 ALTER TABLE tx_jmgallery_images CHANGE views views int(11) NOT NULL;
 Current value: int(11) default '0'
 ALTER TABLE tx_jmgallery_images CHANGE resolution resolution varchar(9) NOT
NULL;
 Current value: varchar(9) default ''
 ALTER TABLE tx_jmgallery_album_properties CHANGE name name varchar(100) NOT
NULL;
 Current value: varchar(100) default ''
 ALTER TABLE tx_jmgallery_album_properties CHANGE description description
varchar(255) NOT NULL;
 Current value: varchar(255) default ''

I clicked on the button "Make updates" but the same error message was still
there.

Then I tried to remove the extension and import the extension (0.5.0)
through the t3x file once more, but with the same result: Table error.

So I tried to remove the extension and import the extension version (0.4.2)
in the old way through looking it up in the repository and fetch it there
and install it. Then the error message "Tabel error" disappeared. But no WPG
records showed up in the "insert new record" list.

Then I tried to remove the extension, delete the "tx_jm_gallery" tables in
the database and import the extension (0.5.0) through the t3x file once
more, but with the same result: Table error.

Is it a trouble with the 0.5.0 version or is the t3x file in the repository
corrupt ?

Regards,
Gunnar Jonsson