[TYPO3] Disable/enable plugin inside page tree

Christopher bedlamhotel at gmail.com
Sat Jun 3 23:42:23 CEST 2006

Hi Tapio,

On 6/3/06, Tapio Markula <tapio.markula at dnainternet.net> wrote:
> Hi
>
> the plugin 'extendedshp' stops 'indexed_search' to work.
> I would need that plugin just in one brach.
>
> Is there some TS, which I could disable the
> plugin in the root page and
> enable in some sub-branch.
>
> Could that solve the indexed_seach problem?

I haven't used the extendedshop plugin, but there are two ways that
come to mind:

1. If the plugin uses static templates, don't include the static
template in the root page, just include it in the relevant branch of
the tree (this is the advantage to extensions that use static TS
templates), or

2. Copy the plugin to a temp object, unset it in the root template and
re-set it using a condition; e.g. if the branch of the site with the
plugin is the page with the id 57 and its children, you should be able
to do something like this:

lib.extendedshop < plugin.tx_extendedshop
plugin.tx_extendedshop >

[PIDinRootline = 57]
plugin.tx_extendedshop < lib.extendedshop
[global]

(tested & working)

-Christopher