[TYPO3] Filemount permissions and DAM

Eduard Renger eduard at renger.info
Sat Jun 3 22:44:27 CEST 2006

Hi list,

I'm at a complete loss here. I have T3 4.0 with DAM installed, and I'm
trying to create a filemount for a backend user. I tried every single
possible path but nothing works.
For example:
I have a directory on the server fileadmin/audio/

The filemount I created is:
Base: relative ../fileadmin/

I checked the Install tool and my [BE][fileadminDir] = fileadmin/

I also tried to set my lockRootPath to the fileadmin/ dir on my webserver
and then use Base: absolute (root) /
I even set my user permission in unix for the fileadmin/audio/ dir tot 777
but nothing worked so far.

I also added the Media folder as a webmount for the user, but the only thing
I get when I go to the Media->file module logged in as the new user is:
File
The requested path do not exists.

The only thing that works is adding a Dam mount, but then the user is not
able to upload any files. So that's not a solution.

Can anyone please help?

Thanks in advance!
Eduard Renger