[TYPO3] Copy Database with UTF charsets

Pawel Stanislawczuk ps at todesign.pl
Sat Jun 3 10:46:17 CEST 2006

Whole day I tried to do that. I finaly noticed that I can't export my
database in UTF-8 format, so I asked my hostmaster to do that. He tried to
do this several times, but he said that my database ain't UTF-8 encoded and
exported it in latin2, in which the database is encoded.

My question is: how to import it to my new hosting without losing my polish
characters? I can use mysql.exe
When I create my new database on new hosting do I have to change it's
character to utf ?

I'm really lost in this.

Thanks for help.

Greetings,