[TYPO3] [Typo3] Nifty corners scripts in Typo3

JoH info at cybercraft.de
Fri Jun 2 13:07:58 CEST 2006

> First off: There is no need to be rude Dmitry and Christopher! This is
> a Typo3 problem and fits perfectly in this mailing list.
>
> I have the same problem. The problem is described on nifty cubes
> pages, but I do not know how to solve it in Typo3. The problem is to
> combine Nifty with other scripts that
> also assign windows.onload. There may only be one assignation to
> windows.onload. To solve this, Nifty provides a function called
> NiftyLoad, but this requires that Nifty is the last script in the html
> head. As you can see below typo3 adds a script to fight spam after the
> included header parts from the tempate.
>
> So the question is. How can I force Typo3 to let Nifty be the last
> script in the html head?

Just write your own header and kick all the rest

config.disableAllHeaderCode = 1

page.headerData {
    10 = BLAH
    20 = BLAH
    30 = BLAH
    999 = NIFTY
}

But why are you using those "nifty corners" at all?
I read the description on the page, but to me it seems just like a proof of
concept without any use in real life.
What is so wrong about creating rounded corners with images to do it with
tons of additional tags _and_ JavaScript instead?
What's the advantage of doing this in JavaScript? IMHO there are more users
with JS disabled than users with images disabled.
The only reason for me to use those JS/CSS corners would be the possibility
to scale them according to the current font size (i.e. with CTRL +/- in FF)
But as far as I can see this is not possible yet, since the author is using
fixed px values for width and height and offers just two different sizes.

Just curious

Joey

Dieter Nuhr, German comedian
openBC: http://www.cybercraft.de