[TYPO3] 4.0 Extension Manager Issues

Ryan Off ryan at ryanoff.com
Thu Jun 1 17:09:45 CEST 2006

Hans,

Thank you. Unfortunately, that is not working for my setup. It may
help to know that I am using Typo3 at a shared web host. I do not
have access to apache\bin, instead I have a local copy of php.ini in
every directory that overwrites the system settings. All my other
changes to the php.ini seem to stick, but even though I un-comment
"extension=php_curl.dll", I get the error:

Fatal error: Unknown function: curl_init()

So, it looks like Curl won't work for me. Any other suggestions? Is
there a way I can test to make sure the external URL problem  is the
issue. I don't seem to have any other issues with Typo3 4.0.  FYI, I
do not get a list of servers in the "mirror selection" area Extension
Manger Settings sections.

Thoughts?

Thanks again.

Ryan