[TYPO3] Danish characters in GMENU on UTF-8 encoded site

Mads Brunn mads at typoconsult.dk
Thu Jun 1 07:50:23 CEST 2006

Hi,

I'm implementing my first utf-8 encoded site.

I have a problem with a GMENU. It won't display danish characters
correctly. I just get some ~'s.

When I try changing it to a TMENU it works fine.

TYPO3_CONF_VARS['BE']['forceCharset'] is set to 'utf-8'
config.renderCharset is set to 'utf-8'
config.metaCharset is set to 'utf-8'

It's TYPO3 version 4.0.

I tried something like this:

10 = TEXT
10.fontFile = ...
10.text.field = title
10.preUserFunc = user_foobar->utf8_decode

But it doesn't work.

I've checked the fontfile - it does contain the danish characters so
that's not the problem.

Am I missing something here? I hope someone can lead me in the right
direction.

Thanks in advance

Best regards

Mads Brunn