[TYPO3] seasonal content

Bernhard Kraft kraftb at kraftb.at
Mon Jul 31 20:16:12 CEST 2006

Lee M. Childress wrote:
> I know you can set an expiration date for content, BUT ... what if I want seasonal content? Let's say
> I want content to show up EACH year from May to September. What would be a good way to implement that?

You can do that using userFunc conditions ...

ad the follwing php-user-func object to your fileadmin/ dir or elsewher where it is accesible for T3:

http://think-open.org/kraftb/index/class.tx_season.php.txt

(of course you must rename it to .php - remove the .txt ending which i added so you can see the source)

and then you can have conditions like:

[userFunc = user_isSeason(3)]

where
1 = spring
2 = summer
3 = autumn
4 = winter

... as you see from the top of the php file there is a table defining start and stop of each season exactly.
this is taken from :

http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jahreszeiten#Beginn_der_Jahreszeiten

and valid till 2014 :)

greets,