[TYPO3] titleText and altText required

Christian Heck heck at punkt.de
Mon Jul 31 13:57:40 CEST 2006

Hey folks,

I'm trying to get the titleText and altText fields that come with the
"image" or "text with image" content element as required fields.

I have tried the TCA configuration with an extra extTables.php file in
/typo3conf:

<php?
$GLOBALS["TCA"]["tt_content"]["columns"]["titleText"]["config"]["eval"]
= "required";
?>

But this didn't worked.
I already tried to set the field to an single-line-field as:
$GLOBALS["TCA"]["tt_content"]["columns"]["titleText"]["config"]["rows"] = 1;

And I also put in this line into my extTables.php file:
t3lib_div::loadTCA("tt_content");

Unfortunately this didn't resolved my problem. It is still possible to
create a new image content-element without filling out the titleText and
altText field.

Does somebody has a good solution for this?

Thanks for the help.

christian