[TYPO3] Problems with reusing functions

Falk Walter falkwalter at gmx.de
Sat Jul 29 22:59:20 CEST 2006

Dear all,

I really appreciate any help since most will shake their head about this
issue... Furthermore, I am sitting in south america with a broken leg and my
provider has somehow managed to cut me off the www... Other services as
email still work. The provider is not reachable, the same with my neighbor
with whom I am sharing my connection, but that is another problem... But
does not allow me to google for that issue...

When programming extensions you can sometimes reuse functions from other
classes. Seems to me one big advantage of oop. But since I am not a
"learned" programmer, I got some difficulties with it. So much intro.

The actual problem is related to a reference to the cObj. I got a class A
where another class B is referenced and initiated.

Did it like that in class A:
require_once(t3lib_extMgm::extPath('user_logframe_report').'/pi1/class.user_
logframereport_pi1.php');

Class A extends ... {

    $this->userLogFrameReports =
t3lib_div::makeInstance('user_logframereport_pi1');

}

I can call functions from class B, but I got the following error message:

Fatal error: Call to a member function typoLink() on a non-object in
C:\Programme\typo3\htdocs\typo3wamp\typo3\sysext\cms\tslib\class.tslib_pibas
e.php on line 315

(At this line, a typolink-function gets called through the cObj:
		return $this->cObj->typoLink($str, $conf);
)

Before that, I had a similar mistake when I had a call to the nice
enabledFields-function... Which I bypassed by hardcoding the
hidden/deleted/... query parts

Any help is appreciated. I think I got something substantial wrong...

Cheers
Falk