[TYPO3] multi column TV setup not working

LaPointe, Matthew MLaPointe at venterinstitute.org
Fri Jul 28 23:07:07 CEST 2006

I have now read over the TV tutorial many times and can't seem to get
one aspect working -- a multi column page. I have a multi column
template and have mapped it such that there are 3 data elements with the
editing type of content element.

When I go to the TV page module, I see all three columns (appropriately
labeled left, main, right). I am able to populate them with content in
the backend, but only the main content column is displayed in the front
end (the other 2 appear as empty divs).

Here's a sample of FlexForm XML I'm getting:

   1: <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" standalone="yes" ?>
   2: <T3FlexForms>
   3:     <data>
   4:         <sheet index="sDEF">
   5:             <language index="lDEF">
   6:                 <field index="field_misc">
   7:                     <value index="vDEF">79</value>
   8:                 </field>
   9:                 <field index="field_content">
  10:                     <value index="vDEF">55</value>
  11:                 </field>
  12:                 <field index="field_contentright">
  13:                     <value index="vDEF">81</value>
  14:                 </field>
  15:             </language>
  16:         </sheet>
  17:     </data>
  18: </T3FlexForms>

Any ideas as to where I'm going wrong?

Thank you much. I've been at this problem for more than a week now.

Matt