[TYPO3] Accessing TSFE[page] with Typoscript

Christopher bedlamhotel at gmail.com
Fri Jul 28 17:03:30 CEST 2006

Hi Jeff,

On 7/28/06, Jeff Segars <jsegars at alumni.rice.edu> wrote:
> I'm attempting to read some values from TSFE with Typoscript.  I know
> you can access top-level fields such as id with TSFE:id.  Is it possible
> to drill down into the arrays within TSFE also?
>
> Specifically, I'm trying to get at TSFE[page][tx_templavoila_ds] from
> Typoscript.  Does anyone know if this is possible?

Seems to be possible this way:

lib.tv_ds = HTML
lib.tv_ds {
  value {
    data=TSFE:page|tx_templavoila_ds
  }
}

Documented in the TSref datatype reference [1] like this:

"Getting array/object elements.

You can fetch the value of an array/object by splitting it with a pipe
"|".Example: TSFE:fe_user|user|username"

Which is a very cool thing...

-Christopher

[1] http://typo3.org/documentation/document-library/references/doc_core_tsref/current/view/2/2/