[TYPO3] News question

Ryan Off ryan at ryanoff.com
Wed Jul 26 18:29:40 CEST 2006

Stan,

Yes, I think that is possible. If not, then the user would need to do
one or two clicks to get to the appropriate area. You can limit the
user to have only the ability to create/edit/delete news items. To do
this you would create a usergroup called something similar to
"newseditor_group", add a new backend user, "newseditor", then only
supply access to the page (or storage container) where you put your
news items. You may then also want to use the "access" item on the
"web" menu to restrict creating,delting, the page itself.

I have not done this myself, but that's my understanding of how
permissions work in Typo3.   Typo3 group, is that right?

Ryan