[TYPO3] UTF8 and mails

Andre Dittmar typo3 at hotbytes.de
Wed Jul 26 18:32:10 CEST 2006

Hello Michael,

Thanks for your detailed comments!

>> This should not have any effect on TYPO3 because it provides all charsets on its own.

Thats what I guessed, too. But I mentioned it anyway to show all possible information in context.

>> All looks fine. Yesterday I discovered a bug in the bugtracker that reports
>> that config.notification_email_charset is not treated correctly. It just
>> causes the header to be changed, but it doesn't convert the content. A
>> patch for this is ready and waiting for feedback:
>> http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=1268

As you said, it depends if this will be the right file. I'll try the patch soon; maybe already this evening but I have to do some gardening first... :-/

> as described but it doesn't helped. I have to note that the patch-function
> wasn't available on my webserver (SUSE 9.3), so I'd to patch the file
> manually.

>> Ouch! :-)

Yeah, ouch! *g* I've installed the program patch now and I'll try to patch the files again later in the right way...

>> Depending on what you need to do, class.t3lib_formmail.php might be the
>> wrong file for this. Where is your mail sent?

That may be. I don't have a clue which class I used by the extension.

I thought the Direct Mail Subscription (Extkey: direct_mail_subscription @ v1.10) of Kaspar provides this? I also have the extension Email Address Subscription (Extkey: sr_email_subscribe @ v1.10) installed but I don't use it at the moment. Furthermore I use the direct mail extension @ version 2.1.4 but I haven't tried any test newsletters yet.

>> Can you forward the headers of this email? Should look like something like this:

Here we go: